Biblical and theological articles rooted in the rich history of Reformed and classical thought for the edification of the Church and the glory of the triune God.
Staying true to the meaning of philosophy – the love of wisdom – as propounded in the wisdom literature of the Scriptures (e.g. Proverbs) and the classical world.
Defending and adorning the Christian faith from an eclectic approach, emphasizing truth, goodness, and beauty, oriented toward the gospel of Christ.
Subscribe and receive new content in your inbox.
- God Exists: The Argument from DesireHow can desire lead one to conclude that God exists, beyond wishful thinking? Initially, this argument may sound like aContinue Reading
- Essential Elements of Church Planting (Acts 11:19-30)This account of the early Church serves as a transition in the book of Acts from a focus on theContinue Reading
- Lady Philosophy & True Happiness in Boethius’s ConsolationAccording to Lady Philosophy in Boethius’s Consolation of Philosophy, what is man’s ultimate goal in life and how is itContinue Reading
- Human Sexuality & the Order of Things: What Sayeth Genesis & Natural Law?In his bestselling book, The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self, Carl Trueman traces the historical, philosophical, psychological, andContinue Reading
- The Establishment of Hebrew Identity in Genesis, Exodus, and LeviticusAt the end of Genesis, we have a summary statement given in the words of the dying Joseph regarding theContinue Reading
- Virtuous Censorship for the Sake of Our Nation’s SoulYes, I’m advocating for greater censorship. However, the censorship I’m advocating for is not a blanket censorship that allows thoseContinue Reading
Welcome! I’m the thinkist, thinking on things true, good, and beautiful in the areas of theology, philosophy, and apologetcs (cf. Phil. 4:8). I recognize that the definite article before thinkist may sound a bit pretentious. I would have simply gone with thinkist if the site wasn’t taken already, and a thinkist just doesn’t sound interesting. So, I beg your pardon as I refer to myself as the thinkist. You may call me Drew, though.
I have a BS in Religion: Biblical Studies from Liberty University (2010) and I am currently working on two Master’s degrees, one in Biblical & Theological Studies from Belhaven University and the other in Philosophy from Southern Evangelical Seminary.